Sunday, August 29, 2010

soccer bag :: fabric painting

last friday was "the monster's" first soccer game.  late thursday night, as i slipped into bed, i looked over into my closet and saw a blank canvas bag.   i had completely forgotten about my plan to surprise him with a new handmade soccer tote as an i'm-so-proud-of-you-&-good-luck present before his big game.  i drug my exhausted self out of bed and turned on the iron...  i had a bag to make.



















the next evening, before "the monster's" game, i excitedly told him to close his eyes because i had a surprise for him.  he gladly covered his face with his hands and peaked out between his fingers.  when i presented him with his new soccer bag he sighed and said...

 "o man, i wanted a car."

boys.

1 comment:

  1. Can totally relate. Atira went over to my parents for the day and asked that I make her something while she was gone. I put a lot of effort into making her this really neat cake pop up card and her reaction was "Agh!" with a shrug of her shoulders when she got home. I was a little disappointed but what are you gonna do. It's not just boys. :P Cute bag by the way. He'll grow to love it.

    ReplyDelete