Wednesday, April 11, 2012

decorate cake in under 10 :: baking




picture it:  any holiday, hosting at my home (guests arriving soon), and i'm running around like a crazy person picking up toys & clothes and yelling at my family to do the same.  i have a load of laundry going, dishes soaking, food cooking, vacuum moving, crafty decor glue drying and cake baking.  and, i'm still in my robe.

o, and my husband keeps telling me to 'calm down'.

i know you've been there.  here's a little tip for the next time you find yourself decorating a cake with soaking wet hair, no makeup and covered in your bath robe with guests arriving any minute.

how to decorate a cake so it looks like it's from a professional bakery in less than 10 minutes:

  • cover with icing
  • use a fork to create a vertical line pattern along the sides
  • using an icing nozzle, like a flower tip or star tip, and dab icing along the edges.  don't forget the edge along the cake stand.
  • decorate with sliced fruit.
voila!  happy hosting!


1 comment:

  1. Finally a post that doesn't make me feel like my days are falling apart while you have it all together all the time. xoxo

    ReplyDelete