a couple days ago, we had all of our art supplies out and were drawing on large posterboard. we decided to have a little contest between the family to see who could draw "the monster" the best. "bump" was to choose the winner.
well. in a run-by judgment (literally), "bump" chose "the monster's" self-portrait. i think we all know that my rendering was the best. however, never a sore looser, i relinquished my clear win to my son. after all, his birthday was coming up.
things that are special about my little-big boy at seven years old:
- he has a faux-hawk
- both of his two top-front teeth fell out at the same time, leaving a gapping gap
- he is loving and empathetic
- he is tall and awkward and clumsy
- he can ride a 4-wheeler better than me
- also, he can beat me at pretty much any video game
- he can eat more junk than anyone i've ever known and almost never get sick
- he enjoys art, reading, gym & math. make him do either of those though and he won't. you have to make absolutely everything a game.
- and that game can only last 15 minutes
- he's oddly good at sorting and picking up, but super sucks at actual cleaning.
- he'll play in the mud, cover himself with it, but won't touch a piece of garbage that fell out of the can on the way down the driveway.
- he has a nose like no other. the boy can sniff out a cookie baking miles away.
- he's becoming a little man much too fast