with that in mind, i wanted to share a simple diy for those who may be entertaining soon. this table runner would look lovely displayed on a table full of crockpots (again, little prep). with this kind of style, you can fool everyone into thinking that you are the kinda gal/guy that somehow manages to relax and have an amazing party full of small details. sneaky, sneaky...
so here's the details friends:
- burlap is one of the least expensive fabrics at the store! go shopping.
- simply cut to desired length and width for your runner. no need to sew edges, the more frayed, the more rustic, the more fitting to the season!
- find a plastic (or paper) cup and dip into paint (color of your choice). for empty circles, use the top of cup, for full circles, use bottom of cup.
- place onto fabric in desired pattern
- repeat, repeat, repeat!
- let dry and lie out on table. you are fabulous.
this painting technique can be used on anything... shirts, canvas, walls, etc. fun, right?!