- you'll need glass votives, dixie paper cups, candle wax, old crayons, a small sharp blade, scented oil (optional), wicks & wooden sticks for stirring and support
- first, choose your colors. keep in mind that the color you choose as a crayon will be much more muted after it is melted with the candle wax.
- using a utility knife or blade, cut the paper off your crayons
- before adding your crayons to the wax, melt a small amount in a dixie cup and poor into the bottom of your votive. you can melt the wax in the microwave for about one minute.
- place your wick in the wax and let dry for placement. support with two wooden sticks at top like pictured.
- now poor a larger amount of candles wax into a dixie cup, then add your crayons (one color / dixie cup). add any scented oil now as well. microwave for 2 minutes and stir
- poor into your votive and let dry for 30 minutes.
- for the layered look like i did, repeat steps 6 & 7 until you are full!
these are so cute for spring i can hardly take it! xoxo