Monday, August 10, 2009

school supplies

the school supply shopping has begun. as an adult, the idea of fighting the crowds at the store, arguing with my child about what is required and what is a "want", and tolling out lots of cash for fall clothes, books, pencils, etc just seems exhausting. then i see his face when i tell him we're going shopping and suddenly, like so many things my son and i do together, this activity brings back a nostalgic feeling of excitement. i remember what it was like to put all of my new supplies into my backpack... everything was so clean, organized and new. i always had feelings of joy and potential as i thought about what i would create with my new things.

as he reaches for the box of markers, puts then in the cart and looks up to smile at me, i know he feels the same way.

so... here's to school supply shopping and the fresh smell of a new book:

i absolutely adore this print from naokosstoop. it reminds me of my childhood pet bunny "louisa". of course, she couldn't read like the smarty pants bunny above.



what little boy wouldn't love this? goMakeMe has the materials to create this for your little bookworm.



nancy drew books were everything to me when i was 7. this purse is such a great idea by retrograndma - i love it!


great pencil bag from simbiosisbyjulia

No comments:

Post a Comment