Tuesday, July 24, 2012

tooth fairy :: personal story





the tooth fairy visited our house the other night.  after at least 3 months of wiggling and eating apples, "the monster's" new, adult tooth finally pushed the baby one out.  i was starting to get a bit concerned that i was going to have to play mean tooth fairy and sneak in during the night to pull it!  {if done when "the monster" was awake melt-downs would have followed for sure.}  thankfully, the little guy just fell right out and miraculously was not swallowed.

as any good mother would, i let "the monster" use the tooth pillow i had as a child.  so cute.  and i'm sure the tooth fairy recognized it!  she left a darling little note with a special monetary gift as well as a trail of glitter as she dashed off.

by the way, do you keep your children's baby teeth?  my father did and when i grew older i remember he once showed them to me.  each little tooth in a tiny plastic bag, stored in a small box.  i was completely grossed out and swore i would throw my own child's away.  but then.... i couldn't.  i asked my husband what i should do and he told me to bury them so when the children found them they would think the teeth are fossils of a dino.  i liked this idea, but haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet.  instead, i put "the monster's" first tooth in a tiny plastic bag and stored it in a small box.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! So true. My Mom totally has some bags of teeth in her room. I am sure I will too.

    ReplyDelete