but, you know, i love that weirdness, so i made him a birthday (beer) cake! when posted the picture on facebook, i received such a reaction, i thought i should share how i did it on here:
- you'll need a 30-pack of cans, cardboard cake circles, ribbon, clothespins and candles
- you can buy your cake circles in different sizes or cut them down. i used an exacto knife to cut mine. make sure you have a small, medium and large size
- begin layering the cans so that they fill out each circle. be sure to put some in the middle for support as you stack them
- wrap ribbon around each layer for a little decoration
- use clothespins to prop up each candle at the top.
and that's it. so easy. and to be honest, even my kids thought i was cool (which i'm not so sure is a good thing) but hey. at least they know i love their dad. xoxo