Friday, March 18, 2011

letter craft :: project idea

i love reading.  i especially love reading in the car on long road trips.  "psuedo hubby" does not love this about me.  he wants me to carry on a conversation with him as he drives, which is only fair.  but i just can't sit there.  as we planned our trip up to chicago last week, i reached for a book to pack and the same old argument ran thru my head... so  i declined my hand and instead grabbed some craft supplies.

some friends are having a little girl this summer and they've already decided on a name.  my friends live in chicago.  a new baby is a perfect excuse for a craft project...  especially a letter craft!

























please excuse the poor quality pictures - i took them in the car.  but otherwise, aren't these adorable?  and so simple to make.  i bought wood letters at the craft store for 80 cents each.  then i just wrapped in yarn and sewed on the fabric flowers with left-over beads.  voila! 

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I didn't realize there was an interesting story behind you getting all crafty in the car! =)

    Thanks SO MUCH for Maya's 'M'; we love it and it will look great in her room!

    ReplyDelete