Wednesday, July 6, 2011

the green dress :: personal story

photo by jamie baird
this was my favorite dress when i was about 16. if you knew me then, you probably remember it because i wore it to concerts summer after summer. it's thin and loose and hippie-like and i loved it in every way.

when i moved to chicago @ 21, i decided this dress didn't belong in my closet anymore. i was going to be living in a big city with a professional job and this just didn't "go". i donated it to goodwill with a pile of others and the dress left my mind.

a couple weeks ago, i was in a mod-shop flipping thru the racks and staring me right in the face was my favorite green dress. i couldn't believe it! in fact, i was so excited, i called my friend over to show it off and then walked down memory lane with the check-out clerks as i bought it again.

i feel as though i've reconnected with an old friend! i feel like i should go to a concert! who's in?

No comments:

Post a Comment